Kerry Gold Dubliner cheese, is the best cheese I have ever tasted! Here is the description from the company: “A mature cheese with a rounded flavor and a natural hint of sweetness. It has elements of a mature Cheddar with the bite of an aged Parmesan.”
One of the main attractions of this cheese is that it’s from grass fed cows that are free to roam. Nutrient content in pasture raised dairy compared to conventional grain fed dairy, is significantly higher. One can also assume that free roaming cows eating grass are much healthier, thereby cutting down on the amount of antibiotics needed. Grass fed dairy has twice the amount of anti-inflammatory omega-3 oils, and significantly higher levels of Vitamin A, D, B12, and K (bone health) and CLA (anti-cancer properties).
Why I Like It:
- Taste. Need I say more?
- Kerry Gold doesn’t use Growth Hormones
- These cows are likely not exposed to GMO’s, since they’re eating grass not grains
- It’s affordable when compared to popular brands like Cabot
- The cows are treated humanely
How I Use It:
- Pretty much on anything. Cheese and crackers or carrot sticks, top my chili or taco salads with it, on a salad, etc
Where You Can Buy It:
- Whole Foods and River Valley Market, but it’s most expensive there
- Best deals are at BJ’s and Trader Joes
- Hannaford, Target, Stop and Shop and Big Y are all listed as location for sale on the Kerry Gold website. I personally haven’t looked for it though