Pizza is back on the menu at our house! It’s Liam’s “favorite food,” among about 20 others. Since he and I are both gluten free, pizza hasn’t been as readily available as I’d like. Gluten free crust is somewhat easy to find, but we try not to regularly use processed bread products. That’s one of the beauties of this pre-made, frozen, broccoli & kale pizza crust!
Why I like it:
- Contains a few simple ingredients (broccoli, corn flour, potato starch, cornstarch, water, black kale, olive oil, and salt).
- Ground corn (although not organic, it is GMO free) in place of rice flour, which is closer to the whole grain.
- Made with olive oil instead of lower quality, inflammatory oils like corn, soy, safflower, sunflower and cottonseed oils.
- Broccoli is the first ingredient, which means there’s actually a substantial amount in there (it doesn’t taste like broccoli, FYI).
- Lower in carbohydrate compared to most other crusts.
- It actually hold up the toppings without being a soggy mess. The texture is awesome.
- It’s frozen and pre-made. That means pizza anytime!
How I use it:
- Our standard topping is sautéed onions and peppers. We also put on some protein, like chicken sausage, leftover chicken, burger or taco meat.
- I look for an organic, low sugar tomato sauce that is also made with olive oil.
- We serve it with whatever veggie we have on hand. Tonight we will have it with sautéed zucchini.
Where you can buy it:
- Sadly, only at Trader Joe’s. I haven’t looked elsewhere for a comparable product. You should though!
Want to see more of my favorite go-to foods? Click HERE for the listing of featured products!