The below dressing (Bragg Healthy Vinaigrette) is a favorite in my house because it’s convenient, tasty, healthy and easy to find. I also really like different combinations of Ellie’s Oils vinegars and olive oils as dressing. The fig balsamic is a staple in my pantry. Pairs awesome with blue cheese, if you’re into that kinda thing.
Why I Like It:
- It’s made with only one type of oil, which is extra virgin olive oil. This is hard to find! Most dressings are made with pro-inflammatory, crappy oils like safflower, canola, sunflower, cottonseed, soy, etc. Even the ones that say “olive oil” on the front, are still mixed with the above oils. It’s pretty scammy of companies to do that, I think.
- You can get it at a store and you don’t have to make it yourself.
- It contains apple cider vinegar, which can help stimulate stomach acid production, thereby improving digestion and nutrient absorption.
- It’s not low fat or fat free! We need those healthy fats to absorb all the nutrients from the salad!
How I Use It:
- On green salad
- On tuna from a can, or anything that needs a zippy flavor or moist dressing
- In a corn and black bean salad
- Anything that calls for a vinaigrette
Where You Can Buy It:
- Whole Foods, River Valley Market and Greenfield Co-op
- Co-ops or natural foods stores. Possibly “natural foods” section in Big Y or Stop and Shop